Tuesday, 11 March 2014

The Beauty Tag


I saw this tag over on one of my favourite blogs, Sailor Jennie! I adore her posts and her photography is amazing too and as soon as I saw this tag I had to do it too. Here goes.

1. Do you remember your first makeup item?
I remember having a few of those makeup palettes that had eyes, lips and cheek products all full of glitter when I was younger. But my first 'proper' makeup item I bought was definitely a Barry M product, either a pink dazzle dust (Yes, really) or the lavender lipstick (Don't ask).

2. What kind of coverage do you prefer for your foundation?
I actually prefer a light but buildable coverage for everyday wear, my two favourites at the moment are the Bourjois Happy Light and the No7 Superlight foundations. If its a night out or evening occasion then I like something a little heavier.

3. Favourite high end brand?
Nars is a firm favourite of mine.

4. Favourite drugstore/high street brand?
Overall it would be Revlon, they have such a great selection of lip products. I do also love Bourjois for base products.

5. What cosmetics brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
Oo I would have to say YSL, I also would love try out more Laura Mercier products as I've only ever tried the tinted moisturiser which I loved.

6. Do you wear fake eyelashes?
Very rarely, only on special occasions but my favourite lashes are the Demi Wispies by Ardell.

7. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
Concealer, concealer and concealer. I have such dark circles under my eyes that they always need a touch of concealer.

8. What is your most cherished beauty product?
For me it has to be the Dior Amber Diamond Highlight, it took me so long to find and its most definitely well loved.

9. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you pick out a lot of products at once?
I could spend so much money on makeup, its ridiculous haha. But I buy a few products every month, most of them I have already read reviews on and researched them so consequently they get added to my beauty wishlist. Then every month I will buy a few of the products off of the wishlist, its a never-ending cycle.

10. Do you have a 'beauty budget'?
I do give myself a budget on beauty treats every month, same goes with clothes and accessories.

11. What type of product do you buy the most?
Lip products, 100 percent!

12. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
I adore browsing on a few different beauty websites, my favourites are SpaceNK, FeelUnique and CultBeauty. I'm forever adding products to the basket but never actually purchasing any.

13. If you could only buy from one brand, what brand would you choose?
There's too many to choose from, either Nars or MAC although I don't like their foundations.

14. Which brand has the best packaging?
For me, I think there something about Chanel packaging, so luxurious. I do also love Charlotte Tilbury's rose gold and metallic packaging too!

15. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Millie Mackintosh always has such lovely glowy makeup, same goes for Miranda Kerr she can pull off any makeup look but I love how effortless and natural it is most of the time.

16. Which do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
Foundation followed by concealer, sometimes I like to create a 'sandwich' effect by applying a little bit of a corrector first then my foundation and then more concealer on top for more coverage.

17. Do you like multifunctional products like lip and cheek stains?
I personally find those type of products hard to work with, so there not for me. I just can't master cream blush or anything like that unfortunately.

18. Do you apply your foundation with a brush, sponge or fingers?
I only ever use a brush for my base, I have two favourites by Real Techniques they are the Expert Face brush and the Buffing brush is amazing too.

19. Which foundation do you use the most?
At the moment I'm loving using the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation and the Bare Minerals Original Powder over the top.

20. Do you use a makeup base or primer for they eyes?
I haven't really found a primer that works for me, I tried the Benefit Porefessional but I just didn't feel like it really did anything. For my eyes I always use a base, either the Nars Eyeshadow Primer or the MAC Bare Study Paintpot.


I hope you enjoy this tag lovelies, I'd love to read your version of it too let me know in the comments if you decide to do it!

Lauren x


4 comments:

  1. If I had to choose one brand I would pick Nars too and I agree a brush for foundation, is my way to go xxx

    Verity | Life of Verity

    ReplyDelete
  2. I featured your blog into my blog post "Beauty tag".. come and check it out :)
    Michelaxx

    http://pursuingadreamcalledlife.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig