Saturday, 25 January 2014

January Beauty Favourites!


Thanks for all of the lovely feedback on my last post about going for the chop, I'm pleased to say I did go ahead with it, its not as short as I thought it would be but I'm so happy with it! Pictures to follow soon. Onto my monthly favourites, I usually do a favourites video every couple of months on my Youtube channel which you can find here. This month I decided to write up a post on the beauty items that I have been loving recently, so here goes.

I have been using this daily for the past month now and its the best day moisturiser I've ever used. It leaves your skin feeling super refreshed and bright whilst hydrated, the citrus scent is amazing too. I am on the lookout for a rich night cream, if you have any recommendations please let me know in the comments!

I've been using this product on and off for the past year but the past month I've used this pretty much everyday. Its such a refreshing toner and I like the fact you can just spray it either all over your face just to freshen the skin up after cleansing or use it with a cotton pad.  After I've used this I know theres no more makeup or dirt left from the day on my skin. Its such a reasonable price and its 100% organic too.

The Body Shop Ginger Sparkle Body Polish - sold out online
This body polish is such a gentle exfoliator its lovely to use daily all over, it lathers up slightly as you rub it into the skin and it leaves a lovely ginger and honey scent.

I got this smaller size cream in a gift set I received at Christmas and I have to say that out of all of the four scents this is my favourite.This has to be the most luxurious body cream I've ever tried. The scent is just gorgeous and it leaves my skin feeling so hydrated and soft. Admittedly I am using it sparingly as its pretty darn expensive.

This has been my go to foundation for the past few months now, initially I didn't think it would suit me as I have normal/oily but with a touch of powder theres no shine. The finish is slightly dewy but not overly and the medium coverage is perfect for me. I can't recommend this foundation enough and I will most definitely be repurchasing this one soon.

Bourjois Blush in 03 £7.99
Now this is an awful product if you want to use it for blush, but the past few weeks I've actually been using it in my crease as eyeshadow and I've been loving it! Its a gorgeous peachy shade and it really brightens up the eye. If you want to see what it looks like on then I show a close up in the video, here.

Similar to the Clinique Chubby Stick these Pen Sticks are divine. My favourite colours are Passionate Red and Vibrant Pink, the colours are so intense but they are glossy at the same time so your lips are left feeling soft and moisturised - but not sticky at all. The colour lasts for ages, by ages I mean at least 5/6 hours without having to reapply and that was because I had lunch!

Having recently fallen out of love with my Maybelline The Falsies mascara, I picked up this mascara to try and take its place. Having used it for a couple of weeks now, I'm so pleased with the results, it lengthens but mostly thickens the lashes and gives so much volume but without any clumpiness, perfect.


So there we have it, my January beauty favourites. I did also include some fashion and lifestyle favourites in the full video if you want to see those. Lastly, I mentioned some of my favourite b/vloggers and videos of the month, Vivanna Does Makeup and Lily Pebbles recently done a series of videos all about their b/vlogging tips, which was amazing. The playlist is here, if you haven't already seen the videos. Two of my favourite blogs over the past few months have been I Covet Thee and A Rosie Outlook, I'm sure you already read their blogs but if for some reason you don't you have to have a nose!

Let me know if you enjoyed this beauty post! What are some of your favourites this month?

Lauren x

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous choices! I love the sound of the Laura Mercier body cream, it sounds fabulous! I love the Origins moisturiser too, one of my favourites x

    Claire | AgentSmyth | Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, Its so luxurious! I know, Im so pleased with it its really improving my skin too! x

      Delete
  2. Ooh that mascara sounds wonderful, I'll have to check it out the next time I'm in Boots!

    Jennie xo | sailorjennie.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! I just saw the video, you're beautiful! and awesome faves :)

    http://sbr-fashion-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The 'Laura Mercier' body cream with pistachio scent
    sounds wonderful! c: Xx

    ReplyDelete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig