Friday, 13 September 2013

Mug Cakes

After seeing these pop up on my instagram feed constantly, I decided to attempt (alot of focus on the word attempt here) to make Mug Cakes! Now I try and live a healthy lifestyle which includes eating well, but my sweet tooth definitely gets the better of me at times. Mug cakes are known to be quick and healthy-ish desserts so thats why I decided to give them a go - with no idea how they would turn out!





 The first attempt was a Banana and Coconut Mug Cake.

Ingredients 
6 tbsp self raising flour
1 medium egg
2 tbsp greek yoghurt
4 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
1 mashed banana
1 tsp desiccated coconut 
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp sweet freedom natural sweetener
1/4tsp cinnamon

You mix all of the ingredients in the mug that you will be using and then place in the microwave for around 4-5 minutes, and thats it - Done! 



The second attempt was a Chocolate Mug Cake, using all of the same ingredients (minus the banana, cinnamon and coconut) and adding 1 tbsp of cocoa powder and I added 2 squares of Lindt Srawberry Intense dark chocolate. 

The texture is not what I was expecting, its a very spongy type of cake and very filling too! To be honest I would much rather have a slice of homemade cake but if you want something quick and filling then you should definitely give them a go. 

Hope you enjoyed this type of post! Have you ever tried making Mug Cakes? Let me know in the comments.

Lauren x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig