Sunday, 24 March 2013

A Weekend Away in London

Hi everyone, I have just got back from an amazing couple of days in London and I thought I would share some pictures with you all. As a child I visited London a fair few times and I have seen the main attractions before but it was lovely going again and revisiting all of the magical places.

We arrived at Victoria coach station early Friday morning ready for a busy couple of days ahead. We got some breakfast and made our way to the London eye, which I think is a must if you haven't been to London before as you get to see all of the great landmarks from above. 



As you can see it was a pretty miserable day and it was freezing! It did actually snow whilst I was there which was not what I was expecting for March but there we go, English weather for you.

After the London eye we walked across Westminster bridge and had a nosey at the Houses of Parliament, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey.



We then decided to go to Covent Garden for some lunch and a stroll around the shops. It was my favourite place to go in London when I was younger, I used to find it fascinating. I didn't manage to take any pictures around the piazza as we were so tired by that point and ready for some coffee. After a spot of lunch we wondered around Strand for a while before we made our way to our hotel. 

I was lucky enough to be treated to a 5 star hotel next to Tower Hill. It was such a good location, a couple of minutes from the underground and the Tower of London. We checked in and got upgraded to a larger room which was great! High up on the 13th floor meant we had an amazing view and you could see the Shard. Here's some photos of the room, the view, and me getting ready before we went out in the evening.


 (no makeup eek)



We had a rest and a cheeky nap and got ready for the evening, we went out for dinner and I was treated again... to see the Lion King at the Lyceum Theatre. It was incredible I absolutely loved it, I have only seen a show once before and I can't remember it too well as I was much younger. I would definitely recommend seeing it if you want to go to see a show! 

The next morning we awoke to heavier snow and decided to pass the 20 pound a head breakfast at the hotel and popped into the Wetherspoons right next door. After brekkie we packed all of our things up and checked out of the hotel ready for another busy day in the city. 

First stop was Madame Tussauds which again I think is a must do if you haven't been to London before. I thought the 4D Marvel Experience was great and it was definitely worth the money. I actually got a deal where I bought 2 Merlin attraction tickets for £35.

It continued to snow and we made our way to the hustle and bustle of Oxford Street. I done a spot of shopping (haul video on the way) and then had a yummy hot chocolate for lunch. After spending a little too much we went to Knightsbridge to visit the historic Harrods and have a browse at all the expensive chocolate and coffee! With only a few hours left we decided to visit Buckingham Palace and then head back to Victoria to get dinner and wait for our coach home. Do excuse my awful photography of the Palace but by this point I was freezing and numb all over.


I hope you enjoyed this lifestyle post everyone! I love travelling and visiting places and I had to share my wonderful weekend away in London. 


Let me know where your favourite places to travel are, or what you love most about London by leaving a comment below.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig